Sizes, Fitting & Measuring
Getting just the right fit:
Boots are soled and stretched on a “last” which is a foot shaped plastic form. The shape and width of the last determines the exact fit of the boot. We have dozens of sizes and widths available.
To get you a good fit, we need to know as the size and width of shoes and boots you normally wear.
By checking these numbers against the actual length and width of your foot, we can help you determine which of our sizes will fit you best.
We’ve found that people with the same measurements can wear different sizes, based on their preference for a snug fit, vs. one with more “wiggle room”.
Measuring your feet:
There are two methods for measuring your feet. Have a friend help you, as the measurements come out better if you are standing up. Please let us know which one you used – the book method is more accurate but most people find tracing easier. They give slightly different results.
We are happy to receive your measurements in Inches or MM.
- Find two large, hard-back books (or two small, firm boxes).
- Have your friend gently press your feet between the books.
- Measure the distance between the books, using a ruler or measuring tape. (Make sure the books are paralel.)
- Stand on a sheet of paper.
- With your friend holding a pencil straight-up-and-down (perpendicular to floor) have them trace a line around your foot.
- Measure the length and width of the measurement, as shown in the illustration. Subtract 1/8″ (3mm) from the measurements (the width of the pencil line)
We’ve done our best to match our size to the North American standard.
If you normally wear a Europoint or UK size, let us know and we’ll help you with the conversion.
We like to think of our boots as being a unisex design – however to keep things simple at the workshop we have our lasts sized in men’s sizing. The conversion to women’s sizes is easy though – just subtract 1 1/2 sizes from the men’s size and order in the B width. We’ve had a lot of success with this formula!
|US Women||6 1/2||7||7 1/2||8||8 1/2||9||9 1/2||10||10 1/2|
|US Men||5 B||5 1/2 B||6 B||6 1/2 B||7 B||7 1/2 B||8 B||8 1/2 B||9 B|
There are many different sizes out there and many size charts – we’ve adapted this chart from years of experience finding the correct fit for our international customers.